It’s more than a golf tournament. It’s the Nelson.
As one of Dallas Fort Worth’s biggest sports attractions the Nelson provides fun and entertainment for everyone, from avid golf fans to families, looking for an exciting way to spend their time together. With four days of the best golf in the world, nightly concerts in the Pavilion After Dark, and hours of entertainment in the KidsZone, you’ll find plenty of ways to make your mark.
Attendees may now bring Mobile Devices, such as cell phones and other PDAs (Portable Digital Assistants), on the grounds at the AT&T Byron Nelson. This fan enhancement does have guidelines that must be followed.
- Devices must be set on silent mode at ALL times while on the grounds.
- Devices may be used for calls only in designated areas, which will be marked by signage. Designated areas on the course include some, but not all, concession stands. Skyboxes and hospitality tents will also feature designated call areas.
- Devices cannot be used as a camera once play begins on Thursday. Devices cannot be used as a video recorder.
- Devices must not be in sight near the rope-line in teeing areas, on the fairway or near the green. If Patrons are not near the rope-line and well away from competitors, texting and emailing is permitted.
- Tournament personnel will be monitoring device use throughout the course. Fans who violate policy will be given two choices.
1. Surrender the mobile device and retrieve it later by presenting a receipt at an area near the main gate when they leave the property.
2. Leave the property immediately.